Sunday, November 9, 2008

Thank you for nice strangers and awesome husbands...

So as I was driving to work on Tuesday at 6:00 am, my car broke down as I was on the off ramp of the freeway. I was in the left lane in everyone's way, so of course people started honking at me (don't they know it is against the rules to honk when someone's hazards are on!) And to make matters worse it was pitch black and raining. This is the same car that we just replaced the clutch on a month ago, and plan to sell in the next few months. So the thought of putting more money into it just ticked me off. Of course I was freaking out and defnitely crying - I am good at that! I called Dave all hysterical, I don't think rationally in stressful situations, and he grabbed the boys put them in the car and came to my rescue. While I was waiting for him a nice stranger stopped and pushed me to the side of the road. He also offered me a ride to work, but I know all about stranger-danger and decided to wait for Dave. It is just more proof that our Heavenly Father loves us and has angels here on earth that he sends to watch out for us. I have been really grateful ever since to know that there are still nice people out there that are willing to help people they don't even know. It also made me grateful for my amazing husband who I know is willing to do anything for me, and is not the least bit bothered by my hysteria in situations like this.

2 comments:

Manda Jane Clawson said...

Hi Tristy! I ran into your blog from Kim Orlandini's :) The pix she just took of you guys are amazing! I hope you don't mind if I read your blog, I love to read blogs from different ladies in the ward!

Melissa DeMoux said...

Tristy, I had no idea you had such a rotten adventure last week. I'm sorry, but boy it makes for a good story. It is fun to see all the pictures of your family, you have a really cute blog. Hope you don't mind if I look it up sometimes. Have a great day!