Sunday, December 14, 2008

Santa Does Exist

We had a Christmas party yesterday with my mom's side of the family. We braved the snow and drove up to Syracuse for the event. It was pretty scary, but we made it safe and sound. There was a lot of people there so it was kind of crazy, but we had a lot of fun and the food was delicious. They decided to break away from the tradition of ham and potatoes and have a mexican feast instead. I was very happy with this because I love mexican food, so I ate more than I should and enjoyed every bite. Dave was asked to play Santa which is quite funny considering how skinny he is, and he couldn't grow a beard if he tried, but he did a great job. He had a couple costume malfuctions but luckily the kids didn't notice. They were all so excited to see him and couldn't wait to sit on his lap and tell him what they wanted for Christmas. It was a nice touch to the party.

This is the only picture I got of Santa where his mustache wasn't hanging halfway below his upper lip. It was hilarious!

Cade sat on Santa's lap, but was a little startled by the beard. He started crying after a few seconds, but at least I had time to take a picture.

Most of the kids were excited to see Santa, except for Bronson. He was completely terrified. As soon as Santa walked in Bronson ran and hid under a kitchen stool. This is a picture of him hiding behind Grandma (if he only knew).

4 comments:

Jon said...

Oh, that is so precious! I bet David made a great Santa! He certainly looked the part! Tell him not to worry, the beard growing doesn't improve with age, the weight probably will!

Manda Jane Clawson said...

That is too cute :)

T-Time said...

My goodness Tristy.... I love that you have a blog too! I am so glad you found me!!! I hope you don't mind that I added you to my list so I can check up on the Rosenlunds. It isn't enough that I can spy on you across the street, now I get to sneek in peeks of other things too! We love you Rosenlunds!!

Melissa DeMoux said...

I cannot imagine a happier Santa than Dave, I bet you guys had a great time. Poor Bronson, but we feel your pain, we have some children who like to love Santa from a distance too.