Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Grocery Cart


So a funny thing happened Saturday night that I just have to share. We took a evening trip to the grocery store to get us some much craved treats. We were standing in the ice cream isle deciding which delicious flavor to add to our calorie intake for the day when Bronson climbed on the bottom rack of the grocery cart. Ever since Cade took his place in the front of the cart he's been finding new ways to ride on it (how dare he walk). He has ridden on it that way before - against my better judgment, but sometimes you have to pick your battles. Well this time didn't go so smoothly. All of a sudden he starts screaming "I'm stuck, I'm stuck" and sure he enough his leg was stuck in between the bars on the rack. He was totally freaking out, and Dave and I were trying our hardest to not bust out laughing. We had a hard time getting him out and I kind of got wooried that we were going to have to cut him out or something. Everyone in the store was staring at us, so that was kind of emabarrasing. But right when some man ran over to help us his leg became free, although he was quick to tell us that Bronson really shouldn't be riding on that part - thanks I'm not sure I would have figured that out on my own. He was traumitized enough that I am sure it will never be an issue again. A really nice checker brought him a balloon which cheered him up. Maybe I am a terrible mother but I find the whole thing pretty funny!

1 comment:

Kristin Aiello said...

Well, at least there were no marks for evidence. I hope he is doing well. I once ran into and almost over Abby's head when I THOUGHT that she was on the bottom rack, also against my better judgement. There were much tears and panic when I saw the reddish purple marks under the large scratch. She told people I ran over her hear for a long time.