Saturday, February 21, 2009

Spring Fever

I don't know if anyone else is suffering from the same disease as me, but I am feeling the symptoms of Spring Fever! Winter is definitely my least favorite season of the year. The snow is beautiful and all, but being cold and trapped inside gets miserable really fast! And I have to say the dead grass and plants just aren't that great to look at. I love everything about Spring! My favorite is when all the trees start to blossom, and the daphediles and tulips bloom. It is just beautiful, and I love the idea of life renewing itself and even though things can get icky for a while they can still become beautiful again. So I have to say even though it is still February, with temperatures like this I am ready to break out the short sleeves and flip flops. It was so fun to take Bronson outside for a little while and let him play and burn energy. He did ask if we could get out his swimming pool, but even I'm not that crazy. I know we still have another month (at least) of rollercoaster weather, but here's to hoping Spring sticks around for a while!


Signs of life! Here is a daphedil starting to sprout up - ooh I can't wait!


We decided to take advatage of the warm weather and wash the car. Bronson enlisted our neighbor Austin to help out.

5 comments:

Linds said...

I have serious spring fever! When are we going to lunch? and one of these days I'll get around to posting my sugar cookie recipe. It's fool proof and very delicious!

Melissa DeMoux said...

I wish we could get neighbor kids to help with chores at our house. What is your secret. I agree though, I am ready for spring.

The Gag-nears said...

you know you just put this post on here to make me jealous all over again about your sweet new car! I love it and have been drooling about it ever since that day at Amy's shower. You can ask Garth! Love it! And yeah I saw grass today it was awesome!

average american said...

I always envy you tulips. I can't wait to see them agin either. Yep, It's me , your reclusive down the street neighboor. How ya doing?

Unknown said...

Oh man, didn't know I could hire Bronson to clean my car! Next time call me, I'll bring it right over. :)

I too am ready for the weather to cheer up. The past few days of sun have really helped though.